Our girls were two little kitties this year. No, wait--correction, per Keira: "We're not gonna be two kitties! I'll be one kitty, and Elliana will be one kitty." Duh, Mom.
We began with the traditional carving of the pumpkin, which consists (as it did last year and the year before) of Keira being unable and/or unwilling to participate in said ritual, and one or more adults (this year, Grampy and I) spending considerable time and effort trying to carve a pumpkin worthy of her admiration.
Behold, the Dora pumpkin:
We learned last year that our neighborhood is completely pitiful on Halloween, so we took the girls, along with cousin Brandon, to a nearby outdoor mall to trick-or-treat. Allow me to say that walking past an Anthropologie store and having an employee toss some candy in your bucket is not an ideal, traditional Halloween experience, and that watching gobs of children peer expectantly into Frederick's of Hollywood looking for the candy-hander-outer is equal parts awkward and amusing...but, hey. The kids got candy, and I got cute pictures. What else matters?
(You can't tell from the picture, but Brandon is still at least year or two away from being That Teenager Who Shows Up Without a Costume and Collects Candy in a Plastic Grocery Bag. He was actually Wolverine. Well, technically, he was Logan, with normal clothes and giant claw-thingies..."claw-thingies" being a highly technical term, of course.)
On the way home, Keira started to whine that she wanted more candy. Bear's deadpan reply: "Congratulations. You are now an American. There's no real citizenship test; you just have to want more. Of everything."
Cue the Star-Spangled Banner.
Those were the two cutest little kitties ever. And your Frederick's comment was hilarious! I can just picture it.
ReplyDeletelove Bear response. He sounds like a member of the huckablog family. As for the kitties...well I hate cats and still think they are too too precious!
ReplyDelete