Invitations, designed by http://www.addiekate.com/:
Decorations:
(We considered going all-out with color-themed foods, but ended up going with take-and-bake pizzas and lasagna to keep it simple):

The cupcake "cake" (this pic is taken the right way but comes up sideways for some reason. I made a "2" out of white ones and surrounded it by the colorful ones, but should have done it the other way around!):

Cubby loved her Cozy Coupe so much that we were afraid she'd want to sleep in it! Note the drinking and driving here--it's pretend root beer, honest, Officer!
It's a good thing I'm a nice mommy,or I'd have to take a black Sharpie to HER new computer like she did to ours the other day!
Note the rapidly deteriorating hairstyle, helped along by trying out her new My Little Pony brush on her own 'do:
By the end of the night, Cubby was definitely a little overwhelmed--not to mention high on cupcakes and M&M's--but she had a BLAST and is so lucky to have such a wonderful family to help her celebrate her special day!

Too cute~ Great job decorating!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great party! And everything looked so fantastic..you should go into the childrens' party business!
ReplyDeleteI have been sorta looking for a laptop for The Son, what is Cubby's? And does it just come in pink? The Husband might have an issue with that....Also, I LOVE the book/guest book idea. On blog matters, can I add you to my blogroll?
ReplyDeletewww.thehuckablog.com
hey you, I think it came from Target, and someone said they know a little boy with the same one, so I'm assuming it comes in non-frilly colors, too. =) Sure you can add me--can I add you back? I have you bookmarked and love your blog. Bipartisan blog love...isn't it beautiful? ;)
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great! From the pics (and the hairstyle by the end!), it looks like she had a great time! We have girl bear's party next Sunday. I'm starting to freak out just a little...
ReplyDeletePS if you get two of this comment, please ignore... I *think* blogger ate my first comment.