Friday, October 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

1) It is a cruel twist of fate that another non-potty trained entity has joined our family at a time when my sense of smell is at DEFCON 1, thanks to pregnancy. I'm pretty sure the combination of toddler poo and puppy poo is far more potent than any nuclear weapon, and could probably be used to defeat the terrorists pretty easily. This would also ensure Bear and myself a fat government contract for exporting said poo from our household. I'm still not sure the smell is worth it, though.

2) The time it takes to transition from ridiculing pet owners for dressing up their pets and carrying them around in purses...to leaving a message on your own answering machine for your pet "so she isn't too lonely" while you're out...is approximately two weeks. I have officially become One of Those People. If I ever start using the term "furbaby," please kick me. Hard.

3) Cubby Two is derailing my efforts at straight teeth! My orthodontist said my teeth are "moving really slowly" since I've been pregnant, and that he's seen the same thing happen in other pregnant patients, for no reason he can explain. Maybe it's all the calcium in the vitamins or something, but in any case, it looks like Cubby Two will be leaving my body before the braces will. Boo hiss.

4) This is hilarious.

5) Bear and I have both decided that Cubby Two is a girl. This probably means we should start buying boy clothes, because we were 100% wrongsies about Cubby One.

3 comments:

  1. I think #2 is also a girl, so you definitely need to start buying boy clothes. I'm notoriously wrong about gender guesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you on the smell thing...I swear my sense of smell is as good as a dog. Also, Please please don't dress up your dog...if you do, I don't think we can be friends again. :-) You should show some pictures of yourself so I can judge for myself if you're having a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is your big ultrasound??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!