On nearly every one of our birthdays, my mom gets wistful at some point and says, "[X] years ago today, I was in the hospital having little baby So-and-So..." and my sister, brother, and I smile, roll our eyes, and mutter, "Here she goes again!" Well, brace yourself, because here I go...
Two years ago today, I was in the hospital having tiny baby Cubby. They had me walking a circular path around the L&D floor for a few hours, and Bear kept joking that Cubby would definitely come out a NASCAR fan with all the left turns I was doing. Two years later, she's running in circles in the playroom (still making left turns), singing "Old MacDonald had a CORN!" and then laughing hysterically. Two-year-old humor at its finest. Where did the time go??
For some reason, this birthday is a lot harder on Mommy than her first one was. Maybe it's partly the fact that Cubby Two is still a fetus, and I already feel like I might as well start planning his/her second birthday party, too, because it's going to be here in about five minutes if time flies the way it has with Cubby One. I'm also going to go ahead and play the "pregnancy hormones" card here. There's still so much to look forward to, but apparently I have to give myself a day or so to cry like a sissy and look back:





(That last pic might explain why her cousin Brandon went around telling everyone her middle name is "Elven" for the first few days...)
Most of the birthday festivities will be on Saturday, but we gave her the presents from us before Bear went to work this morning: a water table, some books, alphabet magnets for the refrigerator, Play-Doh, a cash register (with DEBIT! machine), and a table and chairs for in her playroom. When Bear got home from work, we tried to take her to a big pumpkin patch near us (NOT the Obama-hating pumpkin patch I had a brief email spat with recently!), but it doesn't open until tomorrow. Bummer! Here she is with her birthday cake:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our little girl!
I love the birthday message spelled out on the fridge! Happy birthday cubby!
ReplyDeleteyea!! Happy Birthday Keira! It always amazes me how fast they grow up. You would think not since we're there the entire time, but still...amazing
ReplyDeleteAw- big girl!!
ReplyDeleteAwww, Happy Birthday, Keira!!
ReplyDelete