Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tacky, tacky, tacky!

My Top 3 Encounters with Tackiness This Past Week:

1) At the local pumpkin patch, there's one of those giant inflatable Titanic slides, where the "ship" is at a 45-degree angle and kids can slide down it. Yikes...what exactly is the statute of limitations on tragedy, anyway?

2) Every day, I drive past a post office called Gone Postal. Cute, I guess--but does the image of crazed gunmen killing coworkers at random really draw in customers?

3) The moment in the 3rd Presidential debate where John McCain belittled the concept of "the health of the mother" in abortion cases and put freaking AIR QUOTES around the term. Niiice. (I also wasn't a fan of his comment suggesting anyone from the military should go directly to teaching without any certification or exams; or his scoffing at the concern for safe disposal of nuclear waste--who is he, Homer Simpson?--but the air quotes really took the cake.)














(Sorry, McCain supporters, but sometimes it's difficult to resist making smart-ass political comments in an election like this one. It's been a loooong 8 years--cut me a little slack if you will?)

And from "tacky" to "icky," this just in from the Wild Things file. I know looking like a leaf is smart, evolution-wise, but it's so incredibly creepy...creepy-wise. Especially when it's in my back yard.









No more Monkeys jumping on the couch!


In case you were curious about the weather of late...it's partly staticky with a chance of finger-in-lightbulb hair.



This is the face Cubby makes when we ask her to smile. Ohhhkay...?

2 comments:

  1. DUde!!! I told Greg that I was trying to get pictures of her hair like that when I babysat the other day, but my phone just wasn't doing the trick.. LoL. I'm glad you got some! She's so funny.. I know dad will get a kick out of those pics!! :)

    LOve you guys!
    Aunt Jen Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love that little girl of yours, but then, I love all of you so that's nothing new. =)

    Pictures are so very precious. I have subscribed to your blog so I can get updates.

    I love you, Crissy. Take care of yourself and that new baby you're cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!