Sunday, October 12, 2008

Motherhood as Defined by Cubby

Today, I was "quizzing" Cubby on her spelling. I asked her, "How do you spell Keira? K..." and she finished up with, "E...I...R...A!" (She doesn't really understand what "How do you spell..." means, but once I get her started, she recites what she knows.)

Then I said, "How do you spell Mommy? M..."

Cubby: "O....P!"

Mop. So that's what I am to you, huh, kid?

Awesome.

We also had the following conversation in the car today:

Me (singing along with her CD): "Old MacDonald had a farm..."

Cubby: "NO MOMMY SINGIN'?!"

Me: "Oh. Sorry. Can Kiwi sing 'Daisy' for Mommy?" (I love it when she sings "A Bicycle Built for Two" and am dying to get it on video...there's something oddly adorable about a 2-year-old singing, "It won't be a sty-ish mawwige/I can't a-fode a cawwige...")

Cubby: "No. I can't!"

Me: "Can Mommy sing 'Daisy' then?"

Cubby: "NO! Mommy CAN'T sing!"

So, there you have it. I'm a mop who can't sing. Nice to meet you.

1 comment:

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!