So, I present the case of Parents vs. Cubby on the matter of excessive cuteness:
Exhibit A: Car conversations
Cubby: "Look, there's smoke, Mommy!"
Me: "I didn't even know you knew what smoke was!"
Cubby: "I know what smoke is, Mommy. [Bear and I crack up.] ...It's smoke!"
*****
Cubby: "Whoa, that's a big bogie! Can Daddy get it off your finger?"
(She's so dainty, isn't she? Hey, if the picking continues long enough, we won't have to worry about that boyfriend/tattoo problem after all!)
*****
Immediately following the bogey comment, I caught her "That's OK..." routine again. (We also have to tell her where we're going, Dora-style, every time we get in the car, so at the end of the video you can hear Bear starting to remind her: "We went to the post office; now we're on the freeway. Post office...freeway...Grandma's house!" OMG, we are becoming tremendous dorks.)
Exhibit B: Little People Video
And may I just take a moment to be so, so grateful to have a toddler who can entertain herself like this, sometimes for the better part of an hour? Puh-lease let this continue when Cubby Two arrives!
Exhibit C: Bedtime Binks
"Hmmm...what should I ask Mommy for now? I know she's a sucker for pigtails and jammies with feet!"
Exhibit D: Park Day
This pic would also be part of the case for Bear being the best husband EVER. He took me to get my pumpkin smoothie fix (Cubby is also addicted now and drinks at least half of it), then let me read Entertainment Weekly in the shade while he and Cubby played at the park (I did switch off with him a time or two, and my weight on the seesaw was not yet sufficient to send my daughter soaring into the stratosphere: more good news!), and THEN he let me nap while he made a super-yummy dinner that even Cubby gobbled up.
I rest my case!
There is no end to the cuteness thing...I think it's built into all children...or else as parents, we'd probably lose our minds parenting. Kudos to Greg for being a great hubby and Dad!
ReplyDeleteMy son is 4 and still cute most of the time. He got my attitude, so he's not cute ALL of the time!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I love the Little People Video.. if you could email it to me or something, I have to have it! LoL. I was laughing so hard, I had to show it to Ryan.. he cracked up too... "Trick or Treat! Do you have any candy for us? Ok!" LMAO.. There is no end to her friggin adorableness.. LoL
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jen