Bad News #1: My car broke down when I took Cubby to urgent care on Saturday night.
The good news: It broke down at urgent care, which is 2 miles from our car repair place, instead of near home, which would have meant no free towing from Auto Club. AND, it only took us 15 minutes at urgent care, so we walked out just as Bear and the tow truck drove up. How convenient is that?? The $500 we had to spend on the repairs was not quite as convenient, but at least we didn't have to replace the transmission, so I guess that's something to be thankful for, too!
Bad News #2: The forecast said RAIN for yesterday, after I spent the past week getting Cubby all hyped up for our Disneyland trip.
The good news: It didn't rain, but the forecast kept enough people away that it wasn't too crowded!
Here are some Disneyland pics:
Minnie was right near the entrance, and Cubby got really excited to see her, even though she didn't really know who she was. She was a little freaked out (wouldn't YOU be freaked out by a giant mouse in high heels?) but Minnie was practically all she talked about for the rest of the day; in fact, when I asked her, "What was your favorite part of the trip?" (a la "Dora the Explorer") she immediately said, "Minnie Mouse!"
Waiting for the Christmas parade in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle:
A rare family photo (thanks, Lisa!):
Here's a video I took of Cubby on the way home. We use the term "good listener" a lot around here: if we tell her to do something and she does it right away, we tell her, "Good listening, Binks!" and if she doesn't, we say, "Show Mommy/Daddy a good listener!" which usually does the trick. For some reason, on the way home she decided to declare herself NOT a good "wissener," and then demonstrated the weird eye squint/flinch thing she does every time we ask her to remember something about Disneyland...apparently, it's all too much of a blur for her and her little brain is on overload!
Before we put her to bed last night, she told us about 10 times, "Keewa doesn't yike dat witch!" (from the Snow White ride) and then went into her "That's okay, Mommy and Daddy always help you!" routine, which she did a great deal during the Pinocchio and Snow White rides. I hope we didn't traumatize our Binks! We ended up getting annual passes that work at both parks, so next time we'll have to take her on Autopia, Nemo, and the new Toy Story ride. We can't wait to go back already!
I'm totally jealous that you have passes to Disneyland! I wish I was close enough to Disneyland to drive there... The pictures are so cute! Looks like she had a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete