No, I did not know this, Good Samaritan girl! This happened the last time we went to Target, too, and that time it was I who noticed the missing shoe just as I was putting Cubby into the car. So, back in we went, our steps we retraced, and the prodigal shoe we found. (How long could I continue Yoda speak if I really tried? Bear would say I'm not entitled, since I only saw Star Wars under diress and had the gall to call it--grab your smelling salts-- "cheesy and overrated.") And of course, there was the Dude, Where's My Shoe? episode that was never solved...all of which combines to say that Target is an evil vortex that steals toddler shoes. Don't say I didn't warn you.
The other thing that's been sucked into a vortex lately is my time--time I've spent poring over nursery bedding online, hemming and hawing over boy and girl sets that could possibly share a color scheme, so that we can paint Cubby Two's room this month and then purchase a bedding set after the "It's Tokay/Pixley!" moment at delivery. Bear has veto power, and has chosen to use it liberally, including--but not limited to--nixing all decor involving polka dots or anything "remotely 70's like." And the cows...still, he hates the cows.
So, it boils down to two options:
1) Paint the room brown and use these boy/girl bedding options, both of which we LOVE:
Girl: Cocoa by Bananafish/Boy: Mod Turtle by Kidsline
2) Paint the room sage green and use these options:
We're leaning toward Option 2, because something in my soul objects to painting a baby's room brown...but Option 1 would be so stinkin' cute! If you wish to indulge the obsession, feel free to vote up in the far right-hand corner for which one you think is better...




I chose the BROWN one, oh in option one, they both are so cute, yet modern. Plus they have the skittles room to play in if they get sick the brown.
ReplyDeleteI do like the girl option as well. Oh, and I also thought Star Wars was overrated and even boring.
I think you are on to something with the Target eating shoe thing. I think the only time I lost a shoe with either of my boys was at a Target.
ReplyDeleteI love your nursery choices! I agree that painting a nursery brown doesn't sit well, but I think it'll be cute, modern and fresh! Not dowdy like brown usually is.
ReplyDeleteSo, #1 for me! :)