Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Very Busy Ladybug, Part II

On Thursday, we went to the Wild Animal Park, which basically involves hiking over miles of hills to see animals at a great distance (can you tell I've decided I prefer the zoo, and/or that I'm becoming That Lazy Pregnant Lady?). We still had fun, though!





We left at 3:51 and I bet Bear that Cubby would be asleep by 4:03. At 4:00 on the dot, he pointed to the back seat:


On Friday, Bear's family came over to celebrate his birthday and Halloween. These are The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies that Cubby had helped me bake, and they turned out pretty yummy! We also made Monster Cookies, and although I'm not sure what exactly is monsterous about them, they sounded festive and tasted good! (Can you tell I'm also becoming That Pregnant Lady Who Will Eat Anything That Isn't Nailed Down?)



I also made a Halloween scavenger hunt for Cousin Brandon, which had him follow rhyme-y clues around the house/yard, complete a Halloween word search, and count all of the candies in a jar to find his bag o' treats. I so totally have time on my hands these days!
As it turned out, our neighborhood is a bunch of Scrooges (or whatever the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge is...) and ours was one of maybe TWO houses on our street with the porch light on. Our doorbell rang a grand total of three times and I think we had maybe 6-8 trick-or-treaters total! Cubby and Brandon still went to a few houses in the area and scored plenty of candy, since everyone had bought way too much and basically dumped entire bowls-full into every kid's bucket.

Brandon was Iron Man, which Cubby thought was cool until he put on the mask...then came the "Who the %#@& are you?!" face:


Was ever there a more greedy grin than this?

3 comments:

  1. What a VERY cute ladybug she makes! I still can't believe how grown up she is.

    And, fwiw, I'd be a bit scared of that mask too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the WTH face at Ironman's mask. Miss Binks is as always a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel extra guilty now- sorry for making you trek!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!