I'm officially 5 months (20 weeks) pregnant today, so I'm halfway there already! It dragged at first, but now it feels like the monthly appointments are coming at lightning speed. I remember being pregnant with Cubby One and people always asking, "Are you excited?" I never really knew what to say, because it was always so surreal to me: I couldn't picture myself with a baby or imagine what it would be like, so I just kind of floated along and waited for it to finally seem real. This time, I know what's coming, and I can't wait to see who's in there kicking me!
This halftime performance brought to you by New Kids on the Block--or, as Cubby yells when I turn on the car, "Dat's Kids on a Block, Mommeee!" I could pretend to be embarrassed that Bittle got me hooked on their new CD, but honestly? I'm not. I am, however, a tiny bit ashamed that Cubby yells, "Hey, dat's Dancing Song!" when "Dirty Dancing" comes on, but hey--at least I didn't tell her the real name of the song. And at least she's not going around singing, "I'm gon' give you some Grown Man." (Yet.)
Bittle's going to see them in concert AGAIN soon, and part of me wishes I was going, too, but since she already has her tickets, I'd have to find another unashamed fan to go with me...and Bear does not love me quite that much. In fact, I'm pretty sure even asking him would be grounds for divorce. When I mentioned to him that Bittle had suggested he take me, his response was that if we plan to have a Cubby Three, it would be best if his manly parts did NOT, in fact, shrivel up and die at the Nokia Theater next month. Point taken.
Here's the belly. I feel a lot less "large and in charge" than I did at this point with Cubby One, but that might be partly because I'm not wearing muumuu-style maternity clothes this time. Still no telling if it's Tokay or Pixley in there...and yes, I'm still headless. But, I did clean the mirror.
You are tiny for being 20 weeks! No fair! But it is starting to look more like it'll be a girl! Yea! I can't wait to find out.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think you should totally indulge in your NKOTB love! If I were in CA, I'd totally go with you!
You DO look tiny! I'm jealous! I was so big with both of the kids.
ReplyDeleteI totally loved NKOTB back in the day, but just can't get into them now. It's cute that cubby is a fan too!
I want to go see NKOTB!! LoL.. They were all so cute back thn.. what the heck happened? LoL
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of my little cubster..even if she does have a "yittle baby" in her stomach.. LoL
Love ya!
Jen