Monday, February 2, 2009

Best and Worst Ever.

Due to the aforementioned name dilemma, Bear and I sat down the other night with The Best Baby Name Book Ever, which should actually be entitled The WORST Baby Name Book Ever. The author of this book saw fit to include names such as:

  • Rufina (feminine form of Rufus)-as if Rufus weren't bad enough on its own?
  • Swanhilda (meaning "battle swan")-even if this weren't a foul and ridiculous name, what the %$@& is a battle swan?! Is that some kind of Pokemon creature? I can't imagine a swan having any place in a battle. Maybe we should find out what name means "combat ladybug" or something, in case Cubby Two turns out to be surprise twins (who, of course, must have complementary names).
  • Larch-because we're all looking for names that sound like a synonym for "vomit," aren't we?
This book also claims Brendan means "smelly hair," which I highly doubt. In any case, we found nothing helpful and are still in Girl Name Limbo for now. I guess we'll just wait, and if Cubby Two is a girl, hopefully she'll look definitively like one of our two final choices, and not like Generic Baby.

While we're talking best/worst, I'd also like to recognize...

Worst Greeting Received From a Toddler Upon Coming Home From Work: Cubby, for "Where's Grandma? I don't want to see Mommy." Thaaaanks.

Best Mommy Moment Lately (compensating for the above): Sleeping with Cubby snuggled up against me on the couch from 4-5am this morning. Sooo cozy!

Worst French Kiss Scene (Bear totally backed away just as Cate's tongue came out, but you'd never know it from the pic):


Best Impersonation of a Goat: Cate, who apparently consumed one of Cubby's socks whole the other day (and don't ask me how I found out), and so far today has eaten a strap from Cubby's shoe and half of her plastic comb. Sigh.

Best Accidental Extreme Closeup:

3 comments:

  1. If I have anymore kids I am definitely keeping those names in mind lol. I love the extreme close up of Cubby! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? A whole sock? Maybe Silas can wait until he has his own kids before getting a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very cute pic (the accidental close up one!) And you are right, those names are pretty horrid--can you imagine your kid as a teen and not talking to you because of the name you chose!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!