Here was the best part, though: they had each of the kids draw a picture of what I look like pregnant, on a square of acid-free paper, for me to put in the baby book. This is 100% awesome for two reasons:
1) "Finish Cubby Two's pregnancy scrapbook" is on my March to-do list and this helps me fill up some of those pathetically empty pages, and
2) Well...see for yourself. Things this humorous really should not be presented to pregnant women with babies resting on their bladders. It's risky.
From these illustrations, I learned several things, such as...
My hands are INCREDIBLY swollen (sorry, this pic won't turn sideways for some reason):
I have a perpetually horrified expression on my face and/or am a Tim Burton character:
My belly is flat and the baby is apparently growing in my butt:

What the &*$# is that thing I'm holding?? Did I give birth to a spider?! I look like I'm feeling pretty sassy about it, too! (Sorry, this one won't rotate, either)
What the &*$# is that thing I'm holding?? Did I give birth to a spider?! I look like I'm feeling pretty sassy about it, too! (Sorry, this one won't rotate, either)
The whole thing was a blast, and I'm feeling very spoiled these days. Three baby showers (this one, the kindergarten "ladies' night in" triple shower, and a small one hosted by my school's social committee for the three of us who are all due within 2 months of each other) for a second baby is three more than I expected to have, that's for sure!


Awwww...to be a kindergarten teacher again. I forgot how amusing their drawings can be! I especially like the spider baby.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! LOL at Tim Burton.
ReplyDelete