Unlike my body, however, my brain is going nonstop, focusing mostly on the following topics:
- We still don't have a girl name picked out for sure, and I have doubts about every one of our contenders (too popular? too matchy with Keira? destined to be assigned a nickname I don't care for?...)
- Cubby Two has a dresser and an empty bookcase in his/her unpainted bedroom, and it's driving me crazy. Must abandon "decorate nursery after baby is born" plan and at least get the walls painted in order to calm the ever-growing nesting instinct.
- We will have a newborn before my next oil change is due...before the cheese in our fridge expires...and before either of the above issues are resolved, if we don't get moving!
As for Cubby, she seems to be mainly focused on the following concerns:
- Talking Mommy and Daddy into watching as much TV and as many movies as possible. This enables her to amuse and alarm us with random quotes such as, "Have you ever killed anyone?" (from Lilo and Stitch...and she actually says "chilled anyone," which is slightly less alarming) or, when Bear was tickle-wrestling with her the other night, "Da-ad! You're messing up my mane!" (from The Lion King).
- Eating her body weight in fruit snacks
- Convincing Mommy, and only Mommy, to read her Sleeping Beauty repeatedly, to the point that Mommy is tempted to "misplace" said book for a while...
Guess I could toss a few pics in here to make my blathering easier to digest...
Cubby looks frighteningly like a Big Kid when eating a bowl of cereal:
Princess dress + skirt "scarf" around the neck + ski cap = FANCY!
Evidence that I do, in fact, have a head (and that I look way too serious when I try to hide my braces smile):
Yet another thing Silas and Keira have in common - obsession over fruit snacks. I'm embarrassed to say that I always have a pack in my purse for when we are out and he gets fussy.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is that I have been waiting for 2 1/2 years for this Disney stage to kick in! LoL.. I'm thrilled! :) I love that she quotes it.. the messing up her mane things is freakin adorable!:)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Jen Jen
Oh- you look so great !!
ReplyDelete