Saturday, February 21, 2009

March To-Do List

It's only taken us 8 months, but Bear and I have finally decided on a color to paint Cubby Two's room that will lend itself to satisfactorily cute boy OR girl decorations. Behold the wall color and the girl decor inspiration:


Of course, the home decor goddess who did this on Rate My Space created all of the wall art, lampshades, etc. by hand, so it's not like we'll be able to re-create this look exactly, but even I can paint wooden ladybugs from Michaels and use my internet-scouring (read: time-wasting) skills to locate suitable ladybug accents, so it shouldn't be a problem.

If Cubby Two is a boy, we're going with turtles (the bedding set itself is a little too busy for our taste, but the turtle accents are wicked cute, and again, even I can paint a few wooden turtles from Michaels and stick them to the wall):

I have one week left of school before I'm off-track for the month of March, and then...let the productivity begin!
March To-Do List
  • paint Cubby Two's room
  • wash adorable unisex clothes (received at awesome triple shower held for me and two other pregnant teachers by the kindergarten team last night--both of the other ladies are having the opposite sex of their first child, which seems to be a trend lately....)
  • finish painting the hallway
  • clean the carpets
  • finish pregnancy scrapbook for Cubby Two
  • make and freeze dinners for post-partum chaos/exhaustion period
  • buy assorted small baby needs
  • install infant car seat bases in both cars
  • pack hospital bag
  • take Cubby to the zoo
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Here are a couple of pics of our little Backyardigan enjoying the non-rainy weather of late:


Trying to teach Catey-pup to blow bubbles:
This is one of Cubby's favorite games...she runs at me yelling, "MommyMommy MommyMommy!" and then throws herself into my arms, occasionally punctuating it with a kiss and/or a "You're my FRIEND!" I love this game:


Silly face:

2 comments:

  1. OMG! You are more ambitious very pregnant than I am when not pregnant!! Good luck with the to do list. Hopefully the hubby is helping with that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally have the time to catch up on everyone's blogs! That pic of the nursery looks pretty awesome--I'm glad I didn't check out rate my space or other places, otherwise I probably would have put myself in a tizzy trying to duplicate something like that. Then I would fail and end up crying as my hormones were out of whack when pregnant.

    Anyhow, hope you are able to nest a lot during your break! One month off--that's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!