Keira got her hair spray-painted at one of the booths and declared the final product "beautiful!"
I'm my school's team captain and would like to have been able to camp out overnight and everything, but Ellie's not quite ready to go an entire night sans Milk Lady, so maybe next year! I don't volunteer for leadership positions very often, but I kind of fell into this one my first year at this school--I said I'd do it if no one else volunteered, and no one else did--and it's been a really fun, worthwhile experience. We've had plenty of experience with cancer in my family, and our third staff member was just diagnosed with breast cancer; on top of that, a few years ago, the mom of one of my students passed away from stomach cancer and left behind four children, the youngest of whom was just a toddler. Sad, scary stuff, and plenty of motivation to spend a little time and money to support the American Cancer Society once a year!
On a lighter note, after we got home from Relay, my dad succeeded in teaching Keira how to pedal her tricycle!
She rewarded him with a home-cooked meal in her kitchen:
And, for a final dose of cute, here's Ellie being a cooey baby:
super cute onesie! I love the spray-painted hair!
ReplyDeleteNow if we could only get Silas to ride his, then the two of them could start a little tricycle gang.
ReplyDelete