The last straw was yesterday, when she told me randomly in the car that the lady yelled, "NOT YOUR MOMMY!" at her when she was crying. I know I've mentioned that my dear firstborn is learning to be a tad dishonest at times, but that's only in the form of denying mischief in which she is currently engaged; I highly doubt she's in the business of totally making stuff up, especially since she had no idea I was already having my doubts about this place.
In any case, I called, was ever-so grateful to get the answering machine, and left a message saying we wouldn't be coming back. (I tried to call and cancel after the first visit, just because I was so upset that Keira was crying for me and decided maybe it wasn't a good idea, and the lady talked me into continuing. Bear told me if she answered and tried that again, to tell her, "I WANT TO QUIT THE GYM!!" Haven't seen that episode of "Friends"? Aww...your loss!) For now, we're just going to stick with Grandma W. picking her up for a few hours once a week, and maybe we'll eventually try the preschool/daycare thing again so that she does get to play with other kids her age more often.
In the meantime, she has no trouble finding fun here at home most days...
My car has failed to start THREE separate times this week, and Grampy and Uncle Ryan have kindly come over to work on it, which Keira was really interested in. Today, she told me, "Oh, no, Mommy, my drive-drive car won't work! Don't worry, I'll fix it!" And so she did:
My friend's little girls outgrew this playhouse, so Kiwi is its proud new owner:
She's hard to keep up with some days, but there's no shortage of fun and giggles when our little girl is around!
Love the little mechanic picture!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you ditched that psycho preschool woman!!!!
ReplyDeleteI worry constantly about something like that happening when Madison starts school! But knowing her, she'd probably talk back to the teacher and tell her to be nice. I'm also glad you're not "should"ing yourself anymore. It is much easier once you quit fighting...like going the right way on a lazy river. Ahhhh...
ReplyDeleteseriously, she couldn't be any cuter. I cannot look at her without thinking "Little Cindy Lou Who".
ReplyDeleteAnd that preschool woman? Hideous. Glad you gave her the boot.