We had Ellie's 2 month checkup yesterday, and she's weighing in at 11 lbs. 3 oz. (70th percentile) and is 22.75 inches tall (55th percentile). In other words, she's a chunkers! Here's a pic I took while she was sitting on my lap, waiting for the doc to come in; note the multiple chins on display!
The other reason we call her the pirate piggy is because she seems to be constantly snorting and snuffling--poor baby! Maybe that's part of why she's been awake almost hourly the past few nights. I'm not sure if she has our cold, or if it's just normal baby congestion, but nothing we've tried works so far to get rid of it.
Here's one of many photos of the doctor's shoes that Keira took during our visit:
Elliana is doing great otherwise: very coo-ey and smiley! We have to take her in on June 30th for an ultrasound of her neck, to check out why her thyroid levels are still coming back slightly elevated. Don't ask me how they're going to penetrate those neck rolls and get any good shots of her little thyroid, but hopefully it'll be a drama-free experience compared to all the blood draws she's had so far!
Ellie is getting so big so fast. And I love that Keira is a little photographer like Silas. Don't worry, Silas has no interest in his "ex". He prefers tough older women who like to go headfirst down the slide and can run like a crazed chicken.
ReplyDeleteI've just been catching up on your entries. I"m sorry that sleep is getting harder to come by. Hang in there! It'll only get easier! And I hope you all feel better soon. I think Ellie is so cute...there is nothing more adorable than a chubby baby!
ReplyDeleteLMAO! How sad is it that I knew where "Pirate Piggy" came from before I even started reading the post? And E is a little chunkster; LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!
ReplyDelete