I worked Monday-Wednesday this week, and forgot every. single. day. to bring my memory stick home so I could take some new pics of the girls. Why is my memory so pathetic? A couple of reasons:
1) Sleep. Ellie had gone 2 weeks without sleeping more than 3 hours in a row, and I was getting up and going to work on 3-5 broken hours' sleep...only to face my class of boisterous 4- and 5-year-olds, who do not make allowances for sleepy teachers.
2) Taz. That's who I've felt like on my work days: up at 5am, rush to get ready for work, nurse Ellie before I leave, get things ready for my class, pump quickly before the kids show up, attempt to teach and end up just doing crowd control most of the time, RUN to go pump during my 15-minute recess break, RUN back to "teach" some more, dismiss the kids, RUN my two bus riders to the bus (they missed it once each because I didn't make it in time) while Bear or my grandma and the girls stand there waiting for me, rush back to grab the lunch I packed for us, cram down lunch, nurse Ellie, say goodbye, scurry back to class to help my partner, scramble to prep for the next day, rush home to Bear and the girls, play-nurse-dinner-baths-run-bed, up 4-5 times during the night....repeat as necessary. No wonder my brain can't hold a single thought for more than five seconds!
Anyway, my first order of business once my camera was intact was to capture a pic of Ellie-bug's new tooth. Unfortunately, neither she nor my camera would cooperate, so I got about 6 pics that all look something like this:
Oh, well. It's a tiny tooth. We've all seen one before, right? Here's Miss Cooey-Squealy Baby in all her chubby glory:

As for Kiwi-Fruit, her Fun New Thing is having her toenails painted, which I did for the first time a few days ago on her request. Nail polish is really the antithesis of everything toddlers stand for, and there's no way she could stay still long enough to let it dry, but she doesn't seem to mind that they're a bit smudgy:
Thankfully, after being up since 4am yesterday, being at work for 10 hours, and having 40 kindergarteners (every Wednesday, the a.m. and p.m. kids all come in the mornings because Wednesdays are minimum days), Ellie-bug decided to give Mommy the gift of sleep last night: 7 hours, a quick snack, and then 5 more hours, to be exact. Bear says I woke up twice and scolded him for "making so much noise" (he wasn't doing anything!), so I must've been having flashbacks of my crazy day! I haven't had that much sleep since before Ellie was born, so I'm feeling like a new woman today. Thanks, Bug!
Hmm, I wonder if Charlie would like his toes painted??
ReplyDeleteUm, that sounds dreadful about the lack of sleep but glad she made it up to you!
ReplyDelete