Monday, August 24, 2009

Who's lurking?

Writing a blog is a strange thing sometimes, because you never know who's reading it or what they're thinking. My purpose here is mostly to use the illusion of having an "audience" to motivate me to record anecdotes and milestones in our lives, which would otherwise go undocumented because--let's face it--the chances of me spending 4 hours and 50 bucks a page making scrapbooks are basically nonexistent at this point. (Who has time and money for that when there's reality TV to watch and random stuff at Target to buy?!) Other than the handful of family and friends (internet or "real") who comment here or in person on what I've written, though, I really have no idea who I'm blabbing to.

So, for lack of time to write an actual post tonight, I'm instead inviting you--yes, YOU--to post a comment and "out" yourself. Who are you? How do you know us? What brings you here? What song title defines you as a person? (Oh, how I hate questions like that...I could deliberate over the answer for a decade. Perhaps mine should be "In Between" by Jude. Or "Think" by Aretha Franklin.) Consider this your time to shine--just click on "comments" below.

(If you can't or don't want to sign in, you can click "anonymous" and just type your name/identity in the text of your comment.)

Ready? Go!

9 comments:

  1. I'm here!!! lol I so enjoy
    your writings & pictures. Since
    I can't be there in person, you
    allow me/us to watch Keira & Ellie
    grow. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys. It's Kim (Bernhard) Wright. I love your blog, it's so well put together, and I love seeing your girls growing up! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I've been lurking. :-) I actually need to catch up because I'm way behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was this blog that inspired me to create one for my own little mischief maker. I get a crack out of your posts and pics and am happy that Silas and Keira have become friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I am a fellow nestie and i was sad when i couldn't access your blog anymore because Keira and my daughter are so much alike and i loved all of your stories. My daughter loves watching the videos of Keira. Anyways, keep blogging- you got some fans over here. =)

    -(WifeyLindsay)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I "know" you from The Nest/The Bump ... Cubby and my daughter were born in the same month. I lurked on the Oct. Mommies check in you had back then (already wasted more than enough time reading posts so I was too fearful to get addicted to posting while at work ... I'm over that now). Love your blog ... I've been on maternity leave with baby #2 and was sad when my bookmark didn't work so I'm happy to have a new link to your blog ... my DH and I laugh over your stories because your experiences mirror ours with our oldest so much.

    I haven't posted much lately on the boards because I haven't had the same access to the internet but now that I'm back at work ...

    Sorry, I can't think of a song but what I do have stuck in my head is a line from a song that is the opposite of me (you know the kind of thing where you can't think of anything except for what's already in your head even though you know it's not what was asked?) ... Chris Isaak sings a line "you're the kind of girl who looks better naked" ... I'm the opposite of that. Nekked bad, clothes good. Not that you wanted to know.

    Keep on bloggin! You have a gift.

    I'm kirs10nBryce on the boards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kirs10nBryce, I know you didn't just quote Chris Isaak's "Goin' Nowhere" at me, because that would be extremely creepy--who else knows that song?! I freaking LOVE Chris Isaak, and I always think the same thing at that line: "Nope, that would not be me!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here. I've commented before. You know me from the nest/ bump. I'm usually just a lurker, but come out and post every once in a while. Love the blog, keep it up! I hate those "getting to know you" questions so I am going to refuse to answer the song of my life question. :P I'm just a rebel like that... now you know that about me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lurk here occassionally, usually I wander over here every few weeks to catch up. We only ever seem to talk in passing at family gatherings and this is a nice way for me to know what you, my brother and your children are up to.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!