Friday, August 14, 2009

Wood and Silverware


Today is my and Bear's 5-year wedding anniversary. How crazy is that? Next Wednesday, we're taking the girls with us to have dinner (or maybe lunch, due to Ellie's 7pm bedtime) at the restaurant where we got married, and having our picture taken under the wedding arch, which we've done every year so far. I love this tradition and can't wait to add another photo to our collection, with Elliana making her first appearance!

Apparently, we're supposed to exchange gifts made of wood (traditional), or buy each other silverware (modern)?? Seeing as how we're not particularly in need of furniture, don't do any whittling, and have plenty of eating utensils, we've opted (as we always do) to skip the gift part altogether...except that Bear (as he always does) cheated and brought me flowers. This always puts me in the tough position of having to sternly remind him that we agreed not to exchange gifts, while not being ungrateful for the lovely bouquet...and then there's the ubiquitous debate over whether flowers count as a gift (they do!). It's a grand tradition that I hope will continue for the next jillion years, which is how long I plan to stay married to this man. Minimum.

Thank you, my Bear, for 5 years of marriage, 12 years of Bearhood, two beautiful girls, and the million ways you make me happier than anyone really deserves to be, every single day. I love you, always and always!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Here's to a jillion more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could there be ANY more joyous words to a parent's ears than to have their child so happy in life? I think not! Happy anniversary guys! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the the big day! Phil and I have been trying to follow the anniversary gift giving guide, even if it's a small gift, but I'm not sure what we will do when we reach the wood and silverware mark. Luckily this year was leather (purse for me, ball glove for him).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the picture. Last year was our 5th and we gave each other a wood fence. That was Romantic let me tell you. Really miss having you on my blogroll cause I keep forgetting to come "look" for you! Let me know when I can put you back on!

    Oh, and in the post below this one? The one of Ellie in the Yellow Diaper? Totally made my ovaries skip a beat, she is TOO cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!