I love the uber-patient "Okaaaaaaaaaay?" at the end of every one of them. Please tell me this is not what I actually sound like!
My favorite one is when we tell her not to touch something, and she launches into, "Because we don't touch the fan...can be a BAAAAD ouchie. Okaaaaaay? So, yeave it a-yone!" I'm not sure we've ever actually told her to leave something alone, in those exact words, but she likes to tack that on the end of everything.
Other new habits include hijacking Daddy's gel deodorant from our bathroom and spreading it on her face, so that the next time I kiss her, she smells like (clean) armpits...and climbing into her armoire, plugging a set of my old keys into one of the screws inside, and saying, "Buh-bye! I'm gonna drive-drive to Yeesa's house!" ALWAYS to Aunt Lisa's house...where, I believe, she's been exactly one time, about a year ago. I guess it made an impression!
I had my 11-week appointment yesterday, and my doctor essentially gave us one of Cubby's own speeches about our "Is the baby still okay in there?" concerns. He found the heartbeat with the doppler really easily, told us my blood work came back perfect, and said, "At this point, being almost twelve weeks, you can pretty safely assume that Mother Nature has passed judgement on this one and decided it's a keeper." Woohoo!
In other words: "You're definitely having a baby. Okaaaaaaaay? So, yeave it a-yone!"
I had a dream last night that I had Cubby Two and it was a girl. I was trying to take a picture of her with my camera phone, so I could send it to my mom, because I realized I had forgotten to tell her I'd had the baby. Oops. Based on the fact that I called Cubby One a "he" for the first four months, before we found out otherwise, I have zero mothers' intuition when it comes to these things...so I'm not taking this dream to mean it's necessarily Pixley Buttonwillow in there and not Tokay Grizzlyswallow.
Here's Cubby painting--our cheerful girl seems to be making a comeback in the past couple of days:
Yet, here's a glimpse of what it's like to try and get the kid to eat her dinner (unless said dinner consists of fruit snacks and chocolate meeeelk):
Sheesh!! The kids wants to get an ouchie -- "yeave her a yone!" LoL I love the picture of her painting -- I can't imagine that was a clean activity :)Kiwi -- you are precious!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Aunt Jen Jen
K is more and more adorable by the minute!
ReplyDeleteLove the latest posts! Keira is awesome. :) Eliza says the same thing when she does something that could hurt her - "Cause den I'll get a boo boo and have to go to da hospital." Ha ha
ReplyDelete