Task #1 was painting our picture frames white, since the black ones didn't look so hot against our new medium-brown hallway walls, and then finding a formation that looks decent. Here's what it looks like now, with room left for framed Cubby Two pics before long:
Next up was Keira's room, where the new Ikea dresser we got her didn't match the reddish wood on the mirror above it...so I busted out the white spray paint again, painted some wooden butterflies and photo frames from Michael's, and voila:
I also got the bright idea that instead of buying boy and girl outfits to bring Cubby Two home in, I'd get plain white onesies and fabric paint and let Cubby help us make "Little Sister/Brother" onesies as her gift to the baby...so that's a work in progress right now, too. All this from the least crafty person in the known universe--watch out, or I might bust a Mrs. Weasley and start knitting awful sweaters for everyone!
I did wash and iron the curtains, but other than that, the cleaning aspect of nesting has been neglected in favor of the foofier aspect. Oh, well.
Updated March To-Do List
paint Cubby Two's room
wash adorable unisex clothes
finish painting the hallway
clean the carpets
finish pregnancy scrapbook for Cubby Two (almost done!)
make and freeze dinners (done a few...will do more if I can)
buy assorted small baby needs
install infant car seat bases in both cars (but I bought the extra base yesterday!)
pack hospital bag
take Cubby to the zoo (done as of tomorrow!)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (not so much)
paint Cubby Two's room
finish painting the hallway
clean the carpets
finish pregnancy scrapbook for Cubby Two (almost done!)
install infant car seat bases in both cars (but I bought the extra base yesterday!)
pack hospital bag
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (not so much)
To bring my sense of accomplishment down a peg or two, I must point out that the most difficult and/or time-consuming tasks remain undone. Cubby Two's room still looks like this:
Yikeys. Stay in there for a few more weeks, little cub!
Wow, your taste is beautiful! Can you help me come pick paint colors for my still-needs-decorated house?
ReplyDeleteThe only time I got painting done was when I was pregnant, and that was just me telling D to paint. And you know husbands are scared of pregnant women and do whatever they ask.
Anyway, lookin' good! Can't wait to see #2's room.