If you know anything about Cubby, you know this has not always been the case. From birth, she wanted nothing but to nurse nonstop, and Daddy lacked the necessary equipment, so this resulted in Cubby being in one of the following states at all times:
a) in my arms, nursing, or
b) screaming hysterically
Bear wasn't the only one who got the short end of the Quality Time With Cubby stick--it literally took until she was maybe 8-10 months old before she would tolerate being held by anyone but me for more than a few seconds. At the time, I found this to be quite a burden, and desperately longed for the day when I could take a shower or go to Target without wallowing in guilt for leaving a screaming baby in my wake.
Since that phase ended, the Binks has been a pretty fair-minded child who's happy with either parent and pretty much anyone else...but now? Now it's all about Daddy.
The other day, she pinched her finger in a drawer and started to cry; I held out my arms for her to run into them, and she went RIGHT PAST ME and threw herself at Daddy for consolation and kisses. She left me hanging!
A few days ago, I was rocking her before her nap and starting singing the "Mommy Loves You" song I made up when she was a baby. She lifted her head up and said emphatically, "No, DADDY loves you!" Apparently Bear has been singing the Daddy version to her during their super-exclusive bedtime routine that Mommy is not invited to anymore, and it's now his song! Hmmmph.
"Daddy gives me cookies. See?"

She wants Daddy to wipe her face, Daddy to take her potty, and Daddy to put her to bed at night. When Bear's at work, she makes a pouty face and asks in this soft, high-pitched baby voice, "Where's my Daaaaaady?" And you know what? It's freaking adorable. Really. Hey, I thought Bear was so awesome that I married him and created the Binks of whom we speak with him, so I really can't blame her for finally realizing exactly what she was missing during that baby phase! I'm hoping this is all great timing, considering the fact that Cubby Two will be along shortly and will probably take up a lot of my time and attention at first; with any luck, Cubby One won't even notice as long as Daddio's around!
Besides, when it comes to pre-bedtime stories, only Mommy's rendition of the dreaded Sleeping Beauty book is acceptable. At least that's something!
She wants Daddy to wipe her face, Daddy to take her potty, and Daddy to put her to bed at night. When Bear's at work, she makes a pouty face and asks in this soft, high-pitched baby voice, "Where's my Daaaaaady?" And you know what? It's freaking adorable. Really. Hey, I thought Bear was so awesome that I married him and created the Binks of whom we speak with him, so I really can't blame her for finally realizing exactly what she was missing during that baby phase! I'm hoping this is all great timing, considering the fact that Cubby Two will be along shortly and will probably take up a lot of my time and attention at first; with any luck, Cubby One won't even notice as long as Daddio's around!
Besides, when it comes to pre-bedtime stories, only Mommy's rendition of the dreaded Sleeping Beauty book is acceptable. At least that's something!
I think Daddy-daughter bonding is sooo sweet! Definitely enjoy it! And the pics of Madison and Keira playing together turned out really well! Do you mind sending me some copies? Thanks!
ReplyDeletePerfect timing! And C is doing this too. I'm trying to enjoy it, although sometimes I get offended. ;)
ReplyDelete