Monday, March 30, 2009

Who Can It Be Now?


I now have only six days left until my due date, and one more day (for a grand total of TWO) of teaching before I'm on maternity leave. Yowza! Where did the last nine months go?? Oh, yeah...I spent it finishing my master's, painting and decorating the house, teaching kindergarten, potty-training a toddler, adopting and potty training a puppy, and watching copious amounts of reality TV. I think that about covers it.

My dad is coming to town this weekend, and my grandma leaves for Hawaii on Monday, so although I've been hoping for an April 2 birthday for Cubby Two, Saturday or Sunday would actually be a much more convenient time for him/her to show up. We'll see whether s/he cooperates.

Speaking of "him/her" and "s/he," I can't believe that within the next week or so, we'll finally know who's been cooking in there all this time. Is it Cubby's future maid of honor, or Bear's future football buddy? Will we be buying turtles or ladybugs for the nursery? I decided it was about time I consulted the Old Wives' Tales and the Wise Old Internet for an official verdict...and (drum roll, please?) here are the highly conclusive results:

About.com's Quiz, the "dangle your wedding ring over your belly on a string" test, and this quiz say we're having a GIRL.

The Chinese Lunar Calendar, my lack of morning sickness, and Cubby Two's heart rate all supposedly mean it's a BOY.

Well, that was helpful.

I told Bear that although I never got to the "get-this-thing-out-of-me" stage with Cubby One, I think this cub has a few more days before I get there. My hips, back, and legs hurt, I can't sleep, and I feel like an Oompa Loompa. Who wouldn't want to trade that in for a little burrito with New Baby Smell and tiny little fists? Bear laughed and said he fully expects to find me in the playroom soon, trying to "jump the baby out" on Cubby's trampoline... and crying because it just sinks to the ground beneath me.

I tried to be offended but couldn't stop laughing long enough.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I also had not a trace of morning sickness and ended up birthing a little slugger so your little bundle of joy may end up being a football buddy after all. I did the pencil over the wrist thing and it also said Silas would be a boy, but i've never been a believer in old wives tales, so who knows!.

    Regardless, we are all very excited to find out! Silas wants to know if he will have another cute Cubby to chase around and try to kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never known the Chinese predictor thingy to be wrong, but as for the no morning sickness thing--I had it BAD with the son and so did many of my friends with their boys.....hmmm. I am DYING know! Do you have a Twitter so we can all be updated quicker?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!