Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bizarro Keira

Apparently both Keira and Elliana are on quests to become Bizarro Keira. I've already marveled at all the ways in which Ellie is the complete opposite of Keira as a newborn: she falls asleep on her own, grunts politely when she wants to be fed, dozes off the second the car starts moving, sleeps 2-3 hours at a time, and is perfectly happy to be held and snuggled by anyone who'll have her. I'm not sure exactly when I'll quit exclaiming, "No freaking way!" to myself over these things every time they happen, but at least I'm not taking it for granted, right?


Keira herself, though, has thrown us for a loop lately, too. She of the "party in my crib!" non-naps...the belting out of every song she's ever heard...the WWF-style stunts...the stripping and pottying in order to bail herself out...in short, the joyous refusal to nap for the past couple of months, has now taken real, honest-to-goodness naps for four days in a row. I'm talking, willingly going into her crib, and out like a light within minutes of me putting her down. I honestly don't know who this child is or what she's done with my party animal, but I'm not about to go looking for the pod. Hallelujah!


Here's the big sister in action--she loves to hug, kiss, and "softie" Elliana:


This is how Ellie likes to sleep. No swaddling for her, thank you very much!

I remember when my lil' bro was this small...now here he is, holding my tiny one!


I love how the Soothie is approximately half the size of Ellie's entire head:

4 comments:

  1. Glad they are both doing well. You better knock on wood now though! :) I'm loving all the pics of Ellie! She is so, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything is going so well. Maybe having a little one around who sleeps all the time has inspired Keira to nap more herself. Hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is so wonderful. I am so happy everything is going so well. I am in awe that E falls asleep on her own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Ellie is wearing her down! How awesome to have such a good big sister!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!