Sunday, April 12, 2009

Why is this Cubby different from all other Cubbies?

At the risk of belaboring the point of what a challenging baby Keira was, Bear and I just cannot get over how different life with Elliana is compared to Keira's newborn days. Passover and Easter are perfect examples of holidays that, with baby Keira, ranked at around a 27 on the 1-10 Scale of Stress: everyone wanted to hold her, which resulted in her screaming and me feeling awful, and then I missed out on all the eating and socializing while I nursed her the entire time; then we'd cap off the day with her screaming the entire car ride home, and Bear and I swearing this was the last time we were attempting a family gathering for a while.

Ellie, on the other hand, sleeps most of the day (and night!!!), will snuggle with anyone who'll have her, and rarely cries or fusses at all. Three-hour Seder? A breeze. A day at Grandma and Pap-Pap's house? No problem. Car rides? Dare I say, peaceful, featuring only the sound of Keira singing along with her favorite songs. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, to the pics...

Yes, she's probably too young for "real" smiles, but I like to think Ellie already has a sense of humor. Here she is smiling:


She lifts her head really well already, and likes to use her fingers to play with her pacifier or our hands--no tight newborn fists, for some reason:


Friday night, Keira made an "Elliana's First Easter" place mat for her little sis:


What, your baby doesn't have a squirrel outfit with matching ear-hat? Your loss.


At Passover, the youngest are supposed to help everyone wash their hands...here are Keira and cousin Brandon on duty:


Easter morning: jelly beans?! Sweeeeeet!


Ellie and Keira with Aunt Jen:

3 comments:

  1. Oh, she is just the cutest little baby! And I am so impressed with her neck control. Hello, she's only a WEEK old! I am so happy to hear it's all going so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie looks like a perfect little doll in her squirrel outfit. And I'm glad you are having a peaceful newborn experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that Ellie is being so good for you! It's the reward for the great Mom you are to Keira! And definitely gives hope that maybe you'll have more kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!