Friday, April 3, 2009

The "L" Word

I hardly slept last night and have been awake since 4:30 this (Friday) morning with nagging, semi-regular contractions that were apparently scared away by me getting out of bed (aren't you supposed to encourage labor by not laying around?!). I walked around the mall and Target with my mom for a few hours this afternoon, and spent a while on the exercise ball tonight, so they've started back up again at around 10 minutes apart. So far, they're not terribly long or painful, though, so it may be a while yet. (Someone please tell this to my poor mom, who is convinced I'm going to deliver on my living room floor any second now...she had three c-sections and is a stranger to the loooooong, slooooow, booooring process of labor.)

With Cubby, I was so dazed/nervous about the whole thing that I really wasn't too eager to deliver, but now that I got my hopes up that Cubby Two was coming today, I'm getting impatient to hold our baby!

We'll see what tonight brings and whether we'll be doing another 4am hospital run like we did with Cubby. I'd much prefer, at this point, to get some sleep and let our potential babysitters do the same, before the action begins at a decent time tomorrow...but I'm guessing that convenience isn't one of Cubby Two's biggest priorities right now.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!