Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part


Oh, Tom Petty...you are so wise. The waiting is, indeed, the hardest part. Aside from the contractions, the delivery, and the stitches, anyway.

We're almost to Hour 36 of Cubby Two's Big Tease, where contractions are regular for an hour or two at a time and then taper off again for a while. The good news is that I actually got some sleep last night; the bad news is that after another several hours of walking today, my legs are tired and my uterus is still very occupied.

It's not that I was really in the "Get this thing out of me!" phase yet as of yesterday, because I really wasn't there yet...I just got my hopes up that yesterday might be the big day, and now it's kind of annoying that the whole "second babies come way faster" thing apparently doesn't apply to me. I wanna to hold our baby!

What a difference 40 weeks and 30 pounds makes...let's not make either of those numbers any bigger, Cubby Two!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting!! Can't wait to see the little one too. And I can't believe you only gained 30 pounds...I'm very green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also jealous of your small 30 pound weight gain. I gained 45 with Silas and think I might do worse with the second. Don't worry, you'll get to hold you little bundle very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the Scooby Snacks of the blog world...thanks for tossing one my way!